Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cylon Helmet Paper Model

I have been assembling the cylon helmet paper model downloaded from http://www.bazookajo.me.uk/

This model is basically a full-sized mask, right down to the thin eye slit. I like the simplicity of the design and the instructions were really helpful. It's the first time I have ever assembled anything of this scale before, that's why I made it half as big. Fortunately for me, all the tabs were still usable at that scale. The only time I used cellophane tape was to hold the faceplate in place. The single layer of corrugated card made it hard for the tabs to stay put. With so many tabs to glue, I had my doubts if the bonds would hold. The result is rather pleasing. I didn't have to make any modifications. If I choose to make a wearable mask, I might drop some of the formers. As far as costumes go, I don't think the full version will fit my head.

Base helmet

With faceplate and visor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.