Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fan Expo 2012: The Year X-Files Made Contact

UPDATE: There is a slideshow of all the photos at the bottom of this post.

If you were me and saw the program schedule, you would wish there were 2 of you. Fan Expo has gotten that big. Despite having a fill-to-capacity meeting hall spill onto an already crowded venue, I like to commend the volunteers for their tireless corralling duties. It could have been a lot worst if they did not keep people moving. When I was not sitting at a Q&A, I was in the dealers room. There were some pleasant surprises along the way. I believe I may have broken a record for the shortest wait time in acquiring autographs in under 3 hours.

The only show panel I attended was for the Canadian time travel series Continuum. American audiences are going to have to wait until January 2013 to see this show. News of the summer show's renewal was announced in front of an enthusiastic crowd.
And then there is my personal favourite celebrity Q&A, which always brings me back for more year after year. I was really excited to first learn about Gillian Anderson's appearance this year. It is really a rare event. She has admitted to this being her second convention.
I was really anticipating Gillian Anderson
For those celebrities who I cannot possibly see or meet, I can always catch sight of them signing autographs. This year, I literally ran into a couple on the dealers room floor. The creator of Captain Canuck, Richard Comely, was signing stuff for free. It was a treat to have him explain to me the origin story of Canada's own fictional superhero.
Got to show Gillian Anderson drawings I did when I was younger.
It is a convention for everything under the sky after all. I try to have my camera ready to catch the moments of spontaneity.
Do you see Batman on the ground?
The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibit
Slideshow: Fan Expo 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.