Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fantail


Here is the most recent photo of my goldfish - a fantail, that I would like to submit to my portfolio. It is my favourite goldfish shot to date. I had to use a flash as this type of fish would not stay put. Using the a piece of tissue folded over 3 times gave the optimal effect. On top of that, the image was framed perfectly with the old Canon G1. As a specimen, it is somewhat less than ideal. The short tail fin is almost completely joined in the middle, and there seem to be a deformed anal fin. All of which contributed to her swimming unevenly. I hope to celebrate the 3 month mark with an updated shot from a Canon ELPH for comparison. The scales are much more pronounced now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.