Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fan Art for Covers

Steeke Reeling (Posterized and Framed)
Steele Here, To Keep You Warm
I also sketched cover art to go with the fan fiction I've been writing for Remington Steele. While I am mind-mapping, I often make doodles to help me visualize the story. My pocket sketchbook is used for much more than portraits or just Star Trek characters. (See my rendition of Dr. Crusher.)

When it looks flat, as is most often the case when using my pencil stubs, I put it through light and filters to see the drawing in a different perspective.

Since I am quite new to composition, the small size of the sketchbook is making it easy to plan the picture. Scale is one of the things I am trying to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.