Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Older Sketches

My Art: A Chronological Journey





In 1991, my right hand got caught in a door. The pain in my middle finger was so great, I could not write with it for a week.

That summer, I started to draw. At first, I just had 2 Star Trek magazines given to me. I started to make sketches of the portraits.

When The X-Files came along, I was working odd hours. So I taped every episode. I started to draw from the freeze frames.

By the time, I started work in the animation industry, a colleague chose a few of my drawings for my portfolio. At this time, I was buying more magazines with my paycheck. A couple years later, I even sold 2 drawings.

That was not enough incentive to make it as an artist. Even though I did take art classes, I wouldn't have been able to handle the rejection.

Fast forward to 2003, I am still making a living in animation. I would buy sketchbooks and pencils (medium of choice) to fuel my hobby. A few summers later, I would be invited to paint a decoration on canvas walls.

Sure I can draw. I might even display my drawings from time to time, but I don't ever want to make money from it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.