Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sketches: Steele in the Dark

This picture was born from a suggestion from a fan at the SteeleWatchers Facebook group. The challenge was to come up with the punchline. Having screened several B&E themed scenes from a dozen episodes, I saw the most potential in the season 2 "High Flying Steele".

Up until recently, I have been using my pocket sketchbook. I was hoping to use a full-sized sketch pad for this project. It ended up badly. Perhaps I was not used to texture of the drawing surface. Perhaps I had the wrong grade pencil. Anyway, I ended up using some storyboard paper I had lying around, made 4 individual drawings and did up the composition in GIMP.

I adjusted the scale for each to fit the size of the image. All the sketches were scanned to 600 dpi (very big jpeg files). When scaled down, I wouldn't lose too much detail. I used a simple colour fill for the background. As it turned out, I didn't have room to add any more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.