Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hong Kong Remakes: Some Like It Hot


With Some Like It Hot featured tonight, on TCM, it's a reminded me of all the Hong Kong remakes I grew up with. As you will know, I am particularly nostalgic for these movies.

The film is called Happy Ding Dong (1986) and stars Michael Hui Kun Man.

I thought it would be too obscure for the search engine, but I was able to find the trailer and a review for this. I remember seeing this before Some Like It Hot. Watching a clip today, I still find it funny. Michael Hui has a deadpan humour unmatched by anyone else.

I first caught this movie on TV years ago, however I am not sure if the DVD is still available for sale online. If you wish to find this movie, I suggest you go to the local Chinese video store in your area. They might be able to order the title for you.

Links:

IMDB

Hong Kong Cinemagic

Trailer on Youtube

Far East Films Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.