Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Toronto Comicon 2012

My legs had not ached so much since last summer, for Fan Expo. This weekend seemed like a shock to my system, because I've been such a couch potato lately. The allure of Star Trek was just too big. For this I was willing to stand in a long line both days. There may be two more conventions to go to. I realized it was going to get costly, as the year progresses, so I only got one autograph.

Highlights:
I saw him in the line waiting to pick up my ticket. I saw him walking around the dealers' room and interacting with a Dalek and Batman. I even spoke to him. That him was a very good impersonation of Kermit the Frog.

I found out that Polaris TCON in July was going to have Wil Wheaton and other Star Trek stars for the upcoming 25th year anniversary celebration for Star Trek The Next Generation. Now, I have to start planning a day trip.

All of this I happened before my first celebrity Q&A. I made a point not to stay later than 4pm. I regret having to miss out on some of these talks.

It was a real treat to see Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) act out the chess scene from A New Hope. The best story was the one John DeLancie (Q) told. He shared with the audience how he chose to be an actor. You would not have guessed that the man had dyslexia.

While it was handy to have a video recorder, it's not the same as a real digital camera. I made do with what I had and made a slide show video for all of you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.