Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Get Ready for Spring

It has been a while since I created another banner. Once again I resorted to GIMP for the animation. What I wanted to try most was the rippling filter.
The last time I used this filter, it was directly onto the image. Now I wanted to incorporate it as an element in the banner to cycle once. This I achieved by applying the filter to the layer which was the flower image you see. The resulting ripple appears over an area of the banner.
Next, the text can appear to fade in with a blend filter.
Since it was created to loop, there was more frames there than I actually needed.
The finished banner is a result of a combination of these layers. I had to erase parts of the text layers to reveal the image under it, but that was easy enough to do.

Next time, I will be attempting to add multiple ripples to an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.