Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 1, 2023

Colouring and My Drawings


Finally, I have started to use colour medium to render a drawing. The only references I had were photos taken from our garden. At first I used pencil crayons or coloured pencils. These I had an abundant supply of. There were false starts of course, to get used to the practice. I had viewed enough tutorials on Youtube to see what artists had to say about techniques and layering in particular. For the roses, I stopped short of overworking the drawing. The green was used but in the photos, they were ill-defined. In the drawing itself, it almost anchored an otherwise floating flower.


For the second rose, I used a slightly limited palate, but it ended up muddier looking. Clearly I needed to work learn more about colours.


My next challenge was watercolour pencils. I had played around with this before I understood how to release the pigment in this fuller set of pencils. Even then, I still had difficulty matching the colours to the reference photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.