Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2011

Original Fiction - Rough Outline Started


Before going to bed last night, I roughed out an outline for my next original story. There is going to be five main characters, including a restless spirit. Most of them have nothing to do with each other except for a murder mystery. I'm really excited about this one. Although, I haven't finished researching the setting, I found out how close I am to nailing down the details. The Tang Dynasty capital city of Chang'an (City of Preserved Peace) was the most prosperous metropolis of the ancient world and the beginning of the Silk Road. This era of Chinese history is defined by openness, harmony, and equality for all people. It's no wonder one of the palaces there is being restored to its former glory. I visited the present day city for a full day in 2005 and lost myself in the past, when I stood atop of its city wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.