Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Set Design: Wizard of Oz, Our Combined Vision

A sample of the scenery we are creating for our little production. Stage magic is infectious. We spent the better part of a day going over the script, determining the look of our version of The Wizard of Oz. By 3 PM yesterday I was beginning to feel excited about this project, because I could visualize how it will come together. I will start assembling mid June. The rest of the weekend was spent photo-editing. Next time, I hope to share a video of the opening scene.

For nearly forty years this story has given faithful service to the Young in Heart; and Time has been powerless to put its kindly philosophy out of fashion.
To those who have been faithful to it in return
...and to the Young in Heart --- we dedicate this picture.

(I am not sure why they are using the movie reference to the letter when we are doing everything to make it come alive on stage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.