Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Set Design: Progress on The Wizard of Oz


Samples of royalty-free images I am using to create the illusion.

The good news is, there will be an architect who worked on the last production of Cats will lend his skill in The Wizard of Oz. Next time, we are to meet to finalize what set construction will need in way of digital projection.

The progress:
On the drive to Unionville this morning, I realized that the cyclone sequence will be one long take, not intermixed with Dorothy's reaction. I will be getting audio cues to set up timing. Meanwhile, I can begin designing the elements that go with it.

Apparently there will be script changes.

As requested, I am to also provide the following:
  • The cyclone travelling towards the foreground
  • The witch's eyes, appearing to glare at the fearless foursome
  • Flaming fireballs the witch tosses at Scarecrow
  • Meeting the Wizard (I actually mocked up a slide show with multiple fades. I'll share the video, next time.)
  • Flying monkeys
Aside from this, I get to put together the skywriting sequence too.


S-u-r-r-e-n-d-e-r- Dorothy or die! W. W. W.


There are a series of crystal ball sequences between the poppy field and snowfall (needing snowflakes that will matched the performers' snowflake hats).
The videos for them will be used as is in the presentation. (Can't wait to see how they look like).

OK. Not so daunting as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.