Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays - Ridicule - Recap


I love surprises. When I found out Tuesday that Sandra Oh was going appear on CBC's latest comedy series, Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays, I jumped at the chance to watch it. I haven't seen many of the episodes since the pilot, but I know it has been getting great reviews. I am glad I did, because it ended up being one enjoyable turn out.

If no one has seen the series, this week's episode summed up well what happened between psychiatrist David Stroper (Bob Martin) and his patient Michael Dyers (Matt Watts).

Episode 109 - Ridicule

David had wrote a book about his patient Michael of 15 years, without his consent. On account of that, Michael, feeling betrayed, has stopped seeing him. When the book is published, Michael's many phobias has resurfaced. David is no better. Days before the book's launching, his face breaks out due to stress.

He agrees to meet with Michael's new therapist, Judy a naturopath (Sandra Oh). She believes it will help Michael get over his fear of his shrink, if he had a session together with David.

In the end, Michael realizes no amount of bugleweed and Oprah quotes will help him, he goes back to David.

Favourite scene: The joint therapy session with Judy.

Favourite line: I invite you to read a book about a man with many fears, who happens to be the bravest man I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.