Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year!

Graduating gold fill on an auspicious red background.
In some parts of the world, it is already the Year of the Dragon. I was wondering what to create for the occasion. In the past, I could use Adobe Image Ready to simulate writing. It would take who knows how many frames to do the Chinese character for dragon. At first, I wanted to make a black banner, with a bouncing character and rolling square in one, but that would take too long. So I opted for a simple image with a calligraphy brush stroke.

Then I decided to use the Spinning Globe Animation filter in GIMP to create a gif. NEAT! I will try this again with a smaller character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.