Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 7, 2019

First Hike

This is the first time I ever went on a nature hike. There is usually a short window of time to do this in October, anywhere in Southwestern Ontario. The best time is just as the maple trees start changing colours and before the leaves fall off completely. This year, we had a particularly warm autumn. So the change happened around the second week into October. On top of that, the day we chose to go, it had rained, making the trail somewhat slippery. Rouge Park offers many trails for any skill levels. I chose the moderate Vista Trail, for my first go. It did not disappoint. It had plenty of inclines, as well as rocks and tree roots to navigate. This is not a bad way to strength-train the lower body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.