Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Remember Stanley

I didn't know Stanley.
He was just another kid at summer school.
Other kids knew him, so he must have had friends.
He was just a kid like me.
You never expect to hear bad things happen to kids.
You see Stanley died that summer.
He wasn't careful at the railroad crossing and got hit by a train.
That image had stayed with me until adulthood.
Every time I past the bridge that now stands over the spot where he died, I would remember hearing the tragic news in class. It was the first time I ever saw a boy cry so sadly.
What happened that summer I will never forget.
I didn't know Stanley then. Now I will never forget him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.