Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Wizard of Oz: Show Night


I took a break from TV Monday night in favour of the theatre, to see our local production of The Wizard of Oz. It was an instant hit. Despite Tin Man's constant wardrobe malfunctions (He lost his metal cod piece during his first dance number.), the whole play came together without a hitch. My friends and I agreed that the best thing of this production was the young girl who performed the role of Glinda the Good Witch of the North.


The best scene visually was surprisingly the one where Dorothy and friends enter Oz's chamber for the first time. (And I could kick myself for not snapping a pic at the time.) With the combination of my backdrop, lighting, smoke, and sound fx, it was the coolest thing I have ever saw. By then, I was very proud of what we all put together.

There were great reactions from the audience, particularly from the kids. They were impressed by the Wicked Witch (not my projections of her), as well as my contribution to the storm over Gale Farm.

Here are the only photos I took of the evening. I am going to see if I can't wrangle more pictures for a later post and a program for posterity. (I arrived fashionably late.)


I was anxious about this play. It was the project I had been stressing over for over six months. Seeing it all work out so well put a smile on my face. It meant a lot to be able to share the event with the people who influenced me in the world of animation. If it wasn't for them, I would not have had the opportunity to exercise my creativity on such a scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

This is me...

My photo
My aspiration is to be better at telling stories. I only need a pencil and paper.